The eProcessing Network Secure Payment Gateway allows merchants to accept non face-to-face check payments in a secure, real-time environment directly from their website, through Mobile devices and directly from their place of business.
With check processing via the ePN Gateway, merchants can offer the flexibility of accepting checks and increase customer satisfaction and sales. Since account authorization and funding happens in real-time, merchants who have online check processing can:
- Offer customers a wider range of payment options
- Attract customers who don’t use credit or debit cards
- Fulfill customer orders more quickly, reducing shipping and handling times
- Improve collections for non-sufficient funds
- Streamline operations with online reporting tools
Secure Transaction Processing — The ePN Way
- The consumer enters their account information from the face of the check into the merchant’s payment site.
- The merchant's transaction requests are submitted to the eProcessing Network Payment Gateway, which passes the requests to a Check Service Provider for comparison against the consumer’s checking account information.
- The Check Service Provider responds to requests based on the results of the comparison of the consumer’s personal and account information. The eProcessing Network Payment Gateway returns the response back to the merchant and stores the transaction. The whole process takes seconds!
- Finally, the Check Service Provider creates the Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) and debits the consumer’s checking account. Funds are simultaneously deposited directly into the merchant’s own checking account.